Beautiful bouquets decorate many homes this time of year. Though it’s a little sad to see them wilt, the fun is not over! Before you toss them, gather your children and enjoy these gifts just a little longer.
- Offer the flowers to your child to cut and snip as they wish.
- Find your favorite homemade playdough recipe and knead the petals into the playdough.
- Pull and sort petals, stems, and leaves into piles. Then create your own natural loose part art.
- Pluck each petal one-by-one with tweezers.
- Use a magnifying glass to examine the petals, leaves, and stem! (If you are looking for more of a challenge, do a little research to locate sepals, anthers, and stigma)