Gather some rocks and create your very own hands-on alphabet! Invite your child to write the letters, or they can grab their favorite alphabet book and page through and dictate as you write. Then have fun playing with your original collection!
- Spell their name with the rocks.
- Line up the entire alphabet and sing together.
- Add more rocks with frequently used letters and begin exploring sight words.
- Practice word families.
- Surprise them by spelling “good morning” around their cereal bowl!
For older children:
- Use them to practice spelling lists.
- Write out a message for grandma and text her a pic!
- Before going to bed, spell out one thing you are thankful for.