Here’s the recipe for a special treat for the birds in your yard.
- 2 packets of gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups bird seed
- Mix two packs of gelatin with 1/2 cup cold water and stir until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add 1 tbsp corn syrup and mix well.
- Add about 2-1/2 cups of bird seed and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Fill a cookie cutter about half way full. Push down with parchment paper. Fill rest of the way.
- Use a straw to make a hole for a string.
- Chill about 1 hour.
- Pop out of cookie cutter and string with ribbon.
- Tie to the trees in your yard and watch for feathered friends.