It’s that time of year again, our first real snow of the season is coming! Children love snow, so let’s celebrate it with them:
- Put warm vegetable soup in a thermos and enjoy a snowy backyard snack.
- Walk backwards and see your tracks!
- Look up and watch the flakes fall in circles.
- Explore snowflakes with magnifying glasses.
- Watch your backyard birds and squirrels. Can you find their tracks
- Write a message in the snow, take a pic, and text it to a friend or relative.
- Listen to holiday music (even in October).
- Make a fleece tie blanket to donate to your local charity.
Read a favorite snowy bedtime story. Great reads for the first snow:
- Snow by Uir Shulevitz
- One Winter’s Day by Christina Butler
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack
- Snow by Cynthia Rylant and Lauren Stringer